CAN CH. DAINTREE DAD'S BEST JEANS- "DENIM"
CAN. CH. Daintree Dad's Best Jeans- "Denim"
January 14, 2013- Male
(Ch Tollwest's Wild Blue Yonder CGN x Ch Tollwest's Turn'n 4 Tollchester)
- Hips - DTR-2097G33M-VPI GOOD
- Elbows - DTR-EL898M33-VPI NORMAL
- Patellas - DTR-PA331/33M/P-VPI NORMAL
- Cardiac - DTR-CA943/20M/P-PI NORMAL
- Eyes CERF - completed 2014, clear
- PRA - Carrier (PawPrint Genetics 6291-2045)
- CEA/CH - Carrier (PawPrint Genetics 6291-2045)
- DM - Normal (PawPrint Genetics 6291-2045)
Link to OFFA results
Click here for his pedigree
Denim's favourite thing in the world is retrieving. He prefers balls over anything else, having two specific favourites: a large, hollow squeaky ball or the good cuz/bad cuz toys from JW Pet. He will retrieve 24 hours a day and frequently brings his toys to whatever humans are around in case he can convince them to throw the ball. Amazing with other dogs, puppies and people, he is an absolute joy to be around. He walks well on leash and listens off leash, jumps up in the vehicle when it's time to go and loves to road trip. Denim's chicken intolerant so he has to be careful what he eats and this means pork and turkey are his staples.
A proven stud, Denim has sired three litters at Daintree and is avaiable at stud to approved bitches. For a copy of our stud agreement, please contact us.
Denim was named for a lyric in a Cat Stevens song called Oh Very Young from the Buddha and the Chocolate Box album. Being a child of the 70's, Trisha had always loved the lyric which says
"Your dreams may toss and turn you now,
they will vanish away like your dad's best jeans,
Denim blue fading up to the sky,
and though you want them to last forever you know they never will
and the patches make the goodbye harder still..."
Trisha's own father always wore patched-up jeans on the weekends so there was also this sentimental value.
She decided to keep Denim when he was just 3 weeks old and nothing could be determined yet about whether he was structurally good enough for showing and breeding, but she knew his temperament was excellent very early. That and his beautiful markings were a good indicator. Though his right paw's white is higher than the standard dictates, he has done very well in competition and achieved his Canadian Championship in limited showing at the age of 3.
- Denim earned 5 points going Best of Breed with a Group 4th to complete his Canadian Championship at the Tyee Kennel Club show in Duncan, BC on May 6, 2016 under Australian Judge Carol Mulcahy who awarded him the Breed over Specials and stated "A lovely NSDTR...so correct in every way." His handlers Aaron Andriash and Amanda Williams said "He was a blast to show... love his attitude... great temperament... rock star out there." His Sporting Group Fourth gave him another 29 Top Dog points. On the following day, he achieved Select Dog for 6 more points toward Top Dog, and ending the weekend as the 9th Toller in Canada.
- Denim earned 2 points for Best of Winners on Saturday August 15 under Judge Bill Walkey and 2 points for Best of Winners on Sunday August 16 under Judge Wendy Maisey at the West Kootenay Kennel Club.
- Awarded 3 points for Best of Winners from Judge Luis Pinto Teixeira at the Renaissance Dog Association show on April 4, 2015.
- First point toward Canadian Championship earned at the West Kootenay Kennel Club for Winners Dog under Judge Honey Glendinning on Friday August 16th 2013.